May 23, 2011

A Little Sprucing Up

I heard once that your home should rise up to greet you.

Well... I have a great home (that I love) but there is one tinsy problem... it is a sea of tan. We're talking tan floors, walls, ceilings... the works.

So, with a small budget and small window of available time we decided to do a few sprucing up projects that would make our house rise up to greet everyone that visits it.

We started with the entry way.

Before:

After:
It's nothing huge but it certainly makes me smile when I come through the front door! The best part is.... that fun color on the wall is fabric. Yep, fabric just liquid starched right on to the wall. When you get sick of it you peel it off and slap up something new.

3 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

No way! This is ingenious! I love it! I need to call you and find out exactly how to do it. Very cute entryway!

Erin said...

looks great! i've seen that liquid starch done before & want to try it out...i just need somehwere to do it. :)

Katharine said...

Kelli! That is the coolest thing ever! I'm so impressed and I have the best time being with you! Thanks for being a great friend!

background