Aug 16, 2012

Magpies and Fire Trucks

It's a Sunday evening and I'm out with our neighbors watching our kids do song and dance performances (a typical activity for them)... anyhow, we're interrupted by Darren saying
"We have 4 baby magpies stuck in our basement window well and the mom is standing guard at the top so I can't get them out on my own.  Kelli, I need you to shoo the mom away with a broom while I help them get out."

Ha!  Me?  Shoo a magpie?  Not on your life.  Magpies are MEAN!  And why do I get to be the one with the broom while you get to the bird hero?

Turns out if you call your local Fire Department they will rescue magpies from your basement window well (should you ever need them too).  And they'll let the kids have some fun with the fire truck while they're at it.

In my opinion... way better than me shooing a protective mommy magpie with a broom.



 

No comments:

background