Aug 24, 2011

Quotable Quotes!

This kid cracks me up and lately I've been jotting down a few of his funny moments and thought I'd share with you.

We were drawing and he asked me to draw a bird... so I did and this was his response. "That's not a bird it's a penguin silly!"

We were pulling up to the Wendy's drive through for dinner (I know, super healthy) and we said "Damon, do you want a hamburger?" to which he replied "No, I want a chicken sandwich with lettuce please. Can you roll down my window so I can tell her?" Sure enough, we rolled down the window and he informed the Wendy's employee what he'd be having for dinner.

Damon touched my stomach today and then we had the following conversation...
Damon: Baby in your belly mom?
Me: No, not anymore.
Damon: Hmmm, baby in your belly still mom?
Dad: You mean baby Davis used to be in mom's belly but now he's out.
Damon: No, still look like baby in mom's belly.
Dad: Sorry babe, I tried.

Damon knows that when you're at a red light in traffic you have to wait for it to turn green before you can go. With that said... he got stung by a wasp and had a big red dot on his wrist. He was awfully concerned and I assured him it would get better. To which he replied..."we just have to wait for it to turn green?"

Damon discovered that when he yells really loud in the garage someone yells back. I told him it was called an echo. So of course he shouted "I can hear you echo! Do you want to play with me?"

Damon and I were playing in his room while Davis was sleeping. Damon suddenly got up and said "Mom, you stay here, I'm gonna go pick on Davis a minute."

We were doing dishes and came across a sippy cup that had some NASTY old milk inside. The second I opened it the awful aroma filled the air and Damon yelled "Oh no mom, I have stink in my nose!"

Damon's been pretending a lot lately and came up to give me a pretend present. He said... "I bought you a present. I bought it at Costco. Look what is mom, look what is... It's Rustease!"

3 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

Oh man, these all made my day and had me laughing out loud! I really wish our kids lived close enough to play together, they would be a hoot!

Rick and Kori said...

PS I"m in LOVE with that picture!

Erin said...

what a funny little guy :)

background