Aug 9, 2009

THREE MONTHS OLD

Mom's will always tell you that time goes by so fast with kids.  I always thought I knew what they were talking about. However, now I realize how truly fast it zips by without warning.  I cannot believe Damon is already there months old.  I know I'm partial but I have to say he's a pretty darn cute kid.  Darren and I are SO blessed to have him.  We couldn't ask for a better little boy.  He reminds me SO much of his dad... so even tempered, chill, and happy.  I was really lucky to be able to stay home with him for the twelve weeks of my maternity leave.  However, on July 23rd I went back to work and have been working full time ever since.  I have to say being a working mom is harder than I ever though it would be.  I owe my mom HUGE thanks because she worked as we grew up and I never have given her enough credit for all she was able to accomplish.  Since the day I went back to work I feel like everything else got put on hold.  Our poor house is a disaster area, we have laundry piled practically to the ceiling, I'm not sure I remember the last time I made dinner... the list goes on.  Basically I just want to say 'thank you' to all the working moms out there.  It is much tougher than it appears on the outside.  Silly me... I thought I'd be 'Super Mom' and juggle it all.  

However, I am SO grateful for 3 really amazing things...

1st - Grandmas, Grandpas, Neighbors, and Friends who so graciously have come to my rescue to watch Damon while I'm at the office.

2nd - A husband who helps SO much with Damon and around the house.

3rd - An amazing company and boss that I am so privileged to work for.  When I first found out I was pregnant I knew I didn't want to work full time.  I decided to do a very bold thing.  I went into by bosses office and told him I would like to work part time from home in the Marketing Department where I would specialize in doing photography and anything else they needed help with.  Keep in mind I was essentially creating a position for myself that didn't exist.  Well, in this case bold paid off because my wish was granted upon one condition.  I was to come back after Maternity Leave and work full time for 2-4 weeks as I trained my replacement.  - - Now, here I am 2.5 weeks into my work and I have 1.5 to go.  Little did I know they were going to hire the most outstanding person to fill my position... Someone my boss had worked with at a former company for years...  Someone much more qualified than I... Someone that would get along so well with my team... Someone I love more than anyone else in the whole world...

Yes, oddly enough Darren is now going to work at Unicity and I have a sneaking suspicion he is going to love it!  No more 70 hour work weeks for him :)

LIFE IS GOOD!

3 comments:

Curtis and Andi said...

Oh, I was thinking you gave up on the blogging world. You've got some great pictures there. Wish I could borrow eggs from you too:)

Florida4x4chick said...

I agree, he is pretty darn cute. As for time going fast, oh boy has it just begun. It seems to go into warp speed as time goes by. My babies are growing up so fast I can hardly remember when they were tiny. Enjoy i.

Candie said...

Wow! He just continues to get cuter and cuter! We will miss you Kelli, but it looks like we are getting the next best thing! Just remind Darren he needs to be nice to us! :)

background